Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal seeks brilliant and motivated entrepreneurs for its second training course
Are you passionate about mobile technologies? Do you have an idea for a new web or mobile service that could change Senegal, Africa and the world? Do you want to become an entrepreneur, but you don’t know exactly how to do it? This is the opportunity for you.
Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal is pleased to call for applications from interested individuals/teams seeking to be trained as mobile entrepreneurs, who would develop relevant local mobile applications for the Senegalese communities.
The second training program will start on 1st April 2013 and will provide tuition, covering subjects ranging from creating mobile applications to putting it to market. We are looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about leveraging mobile phone technology to develop applications that will bring useful service to local communities and create prosperous businesses.
More details on the training
The training will take place from April 1 to May 4, 2013 alternating between face to face sessions and remote sessions.
Face to face training sessions will take place at Ecole Supérieure Polytechnique (UCAD).
After the training there will be a period of support and mentoring, during which the trainers will provide support for the development of project prototypes, or for starting new projects following the training.
In May, the participants will have the opportunity to present their project to a panel of international industry experts.
The training is split into three tracks:
Technology track: Voice, SMS, Mobile Web services and applications, prototyping platforms;
Business track: business models, revenue, dealing with operators, intellectual property;
Design track: understanding your customers, structuring your service, making your service useful, usable, and engaging.
Participants will be asked to follow all tracks.
Evaluation and selection criteria
The selection panel for submitted applications will consider the following criteria:
- Accomplishments (25%): what accomplishments have you made in application development, entrepreneurship, social media engagement and other areas that you intend to build on by going through this training?
- Demonstrated interest and motivation (25%): what interests and motivates you to pursue training at the m:lab that should make the selection committee prefer you over other applicants?
- Academic background and performance (10%): (Please upload a copy of your Degree Certificate or Final Year Transcript)
- Which University
- Which Degree Course
- General Presentation (15%)
Register here (french)
The number of places is limited to 25.
Registration fee is 15,000 XOF.
- 17th March 2013: Open Applications;
- 26th March 2013: Deadline for submission of application for training;
- 27th March 2013: Complete evaluation of applications;
- 28th March 2013: Issue notifications to successful and unsuccessful candidates;
- 1st April 2013: Commence Training.
More details on Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal
Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal is a group of mobile entrepreneurs and people interested in the opportunity that the Mobile and Web technologies offer to the new generations. We provide training in mobile technology and business, to help local talent build applications for local communities. We also provide discussion forums, networking events and links between application developers, mobile network operators and established businesses.
Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal is a project started by the Web Foundation, TNO, PT Inovação, CRS4 and ESMT as part of the European Commission project VOICES (mvoices.eu). Mobile Entrepreneurs Senegal is actively supported by W3C and Orange Labs.